Monday 7 January 2013

Supplies restrock + Shop updates

I've really been on vacation these past few weeks. My plans for my shop were kind of all over the place and I guess I needed to clear my head to start thinking of the right directions to take. Now I feel ready to dive back in.

This weekend, Oli and I went to Omer Desserres, which is the place to get art supplies here in... what, Quebec? 
I got myself a bunch of supplies:
♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦     
  • 5 tubes of metallic/glittery acrylic paint. (REALLY effective!!! I tried it on my skin and it's really something.)
    =
  • A pack of sculpting tools
  • A very thin paintbrush
  • Stretchy cord for jewellery (GOOD stretchy cord, hopefully. The last 3 bracelets I tried to do exploaded on me! Dollar store + me = over)

  • Cutting tool (to make my own stamps out of foam sheets)
  • 2 Coasters ready to be painted on
  • Two 16"x20" canvases, which is as big as I feel safe permitting myself to use (the larger ones are still a little intimidating for me... but I'll get there eventually!)

    ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦     
     
    Etsy shop
    Apparently, having multiple themes in your shop is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as your personal style ties them all together... So that means allot of time saved for me. Few!
    So I guess... I'm free to start any kind of project I'd like for the shop? I should make a plan!
    PROJECTS IN MIND:
    ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦     
     

    • "BunnyBoxes" (drew the idea on Paint as seen above)
    •  Sculptures shaped like Hersheys Kisses / Droplets
    • Paintings IF I can figure out how to ship them
    • Jewelery (necklaces, bracelets, earrings too, eventually)
    • Digistamps
    • Painted Kleenex boxes & Painted jewelery boxes
    • Boxes / Bags with prints on them (prints meaning stamps I design and make on my own, printed on to objects)
    • Origami decor
    • Painted Stickers

    ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦   ♦     
     Looking forward to getting back into my shop. Oli and I are moving out in 3 weeks. Things will be easier for all of us then, and life can move on! For now, my time is going to be invested in boxing all my things... this is so exciting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment