Friday 21 December 2012

Books: Mockingjay + Divergent


I just finished reading Mockingjay, the 3rd and last book of the Hunger Games series. I've been reading it very slowly for the past couple months, though always intrigued. Watched the movie twice and I can't wait to watch the other two with my boyfriend. I'm not aloud to spoil the other two books for him, so the next 1-2 years till Catching Fire and Mockingjay come out on the big screen are going to be tough for me! Ahhh!!

I would talk about this book... but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I will say this though: I can't say I was entirely satisfied with the ending. And I really wonder how they are going to interpret the whole thing in the movies. I think it's either going to be terrible or wonderful because it's probably going to demand allot from the film makers...


Anyway. So that's the end of the Hunger Games series for me. Now I'm in the beginning pages of DIVERGENT or rather DIVERGENCE for me, because I'm reading it in French. I got the book for less than 4$ at Walmart. My French teacher told me that in January we would be reading 15 minutes at the beginning of every class, so I figured it was luck: something interesting to read, something I can actually afford, something French. I think I only had a dollar or two remaining after that.

It seems to me that it will be allot like both THE UGLIES and THE HUNGER GAMES. It's about a 16 year old girl in a post apocalyptic world (Oh, would you look at that! Well whatever. It's a theme I enjoy.) and in this futuristic society, people are not grouped by their age / appearance nor by what they provide to a greater society by districts, but by their... I guess, values? Fortunately the choice is there, which society you want to belong to. I think I will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment